Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yummy Cereal

As Graham neared six months, we were able to start feeding him some rice cereal! I'm not to sure who was more excited, me or ...me! Graham had no idea what was going on, but it was still very exciting to say the least. :) We sat him in his high chair and put on a very cute new bib and then proceeded to try to get him to understand that the spoon I am putting in his mouth is actually supposed to be there! Haha! He was a little hesitant at first and I can only imagine that the flavors of rice cereal weren't exactly what he wanted when he got to try solid food for the first time, but I must say that since that first day, he has taken a liking to rice cereal. Here are some pictures from this momentous occasion:
Look at that adorable face! He looks like such a big boy sitting in his high chair, anxiously awaiting some rice cereal.

The doctor also told me to start giving him water in a sippy cup. We are still working on the tilting the head part, but at least he knows where the water is supposed to come out of!

Haha! I love this picture. He looks so thrilled!


Here is our smiley boy! Yum, Yum, Yum!

He didn't quite know what to do, but neither did his mommy. I just kinda used his upper gums to make sure I got some in his mouth. I know it starts with boring rice cereal, but it is exciting to try to open your child's eyes to the wonderful world of eating food!

No comments: