Wednesday, January 16, 2008

And finally....Montreal!

Alright, now for the last of the pictures. Unfortunately, my mom got really sick so she didn't really get to see any of Montreal and we also didn't want to do too much, because we hated not having her around, but we did do some sightseeing and something very fun on our last day of the trip, but I won't spoil the surprise!
Here is Montreal's most famous cathedral, Notre Dame. This was where Celine Dion was married so naturally we had to go! :)
This is a picture of the inside of one of its chapels. The architecture was amazing!
After a tour of the cathedral, we walked around and found this great little ice rink nearby. We all decided that we needed to go for a little spin. I was mostly excited because Tyler decided to go and he has never been before. I had so much fun skating around with him helping make sure he didn't fall. I also got to show off some of my moves from my ice skating class. I had forgotten how much I loved to ice skate!
Montreal hosted the 1976 Summer Olympics so we went and visited the Olympic Park. We definitely had to see the pool for Travis.
Here is Travis outside of the Olympic stadium. That huge tower had a funicular where you could ride to the top, but it cost a lot of money so we just admired it from afar.
And now for our last big, fun outing. Nearby Montreal is this ski resort called Mont Tremblant. It was such a cool little town and it had just snowed that night so it was a serious winter wonderland. My mom had booked us the most amazing experience, dog sledding! This is the first thing that we saw, all the sleds attached the line and we could hear just a ton of dogs barking. They put us right to work and we were responsible for getting a dog and taking them to a trainer who would attach them to the sleds. It was madness! They then gave us a crash course it sled driving and I think when he finished and none of us really understood anything that he said, did we realize that we were going to be driving! I was terrified, but luckily I got to be the passenger for the first leg of the race while Travis got used to driving!
Here are our sled dogs! They were so amazing!
The scenery was amazing. It was so peaceful and quiet. We were right in the wilderness. It was perfect!
This was my favorite dog. She kept looking back at us which made me feel like she was checking up on us to make sure we were doing ok. We found out later that she was really nervous around humans because one tourist had accidently stepped on her foot and hurt her, but I still thought she was adorable.
We stopped for a rest and the dogs definitely took advantage. They rested for a few moments but then they were ready to start up again. They loved leading the sleds!
I got to switch with Travis and start driving, which was so much fun! I think I was a natural so next stop, the Iditarod.
Here I am with some of the dogs leading our sled. We really had the most amazing dogs, I wanted to take them home!
We also got to see the little puppys and we got to hold them. Here is Emily and Taylor with two of the puppy's. They were about four months old and would be leading the sleds next winter!


Here is Travis with one of the cute puppys. It was definitely one of the highlights of the trip!

Here is a short clip during the sled ride so you can get a feel for what it was like. Sorry about the quality, our battery was about to die.

Well, that is our trip to Canada! It was so much fun and of course, I want to thank my parents for an amazing trip. We had such a great time and the memories are priceless!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, how fun! Dog sledding! Those puppies are adorable. They look so fuzzy and soft!

Teagan said...

Love the new pic of you both off the the side of your blog.. you two look so cute!!
I can't wait to post what I want to post... so get posting:) love you guys!!!