Thursday, October 25, 2007

Great Picture

Well, things are starting to settle down all around Southern California, thankfully. The fires are still raging here in Orange County, but the firefighters are doing an amazing job of keeping it away from homes. Hopefully things will keep improving. I wanted to share this awesome picture with everyone. I don't know if everyone that is outside of California have been able to see all of the amazing pictures that we have seen. This is a satellite image of the coast of California and it shows all of the smoke that is coming from all these different fires. It has traveled hundreds of miles out into the ocean! I just think this is an amazing picture and it just shows how serious these fires are and it seems like the entire southland is on fire! Unfortunately, we hear that the winds are changing and all of that smoke is going to travel back to us and onto Arizona! We just can't wait to breathe some fresh air!


2 comments:

Liz said...

That is a great picture! I'm looking forward to some clean, fresh air, too. I hope it comes soon. I'm praying for rain...that would clean things up in a hurry. :) Not likely, though...unfortunately.

The Chief said...

Hmmmmmmm. When looking at the subject of the picture and the time that you posted this, I am questioning what Mater Dei has done to you (Travis). I had a friend that got kicked out of Mater Dei for that.