Well it is 12:34am (now it's 12:50am) and I just got home from the Trinity League Finals meet which is the end of the season for most of my team, hence 78 of 94 done. Now, instead of joining my warm wife in bed, I am finishing the CIF entries online which are due by 9am Saturday. This year was filled with plenty of scheduling challanges (nightmares) between delicately balancing my job as a teacher, my job as a swim coach (or Dean of the swim team as I call it), my graduate course load at LMU, my wife, and my baby boy Graham, all while teaching the Priest Quorum each Sunday and attending mutual every Wednesday. Oh yeah, and I ride my bike to work at least 7 out of the 10 trips to and from work. Needless to say, it has been very hard to stay in contact with all of you as much as I would like, and as much as you deserve. The good news is that Monday's practice will be for only 8 swimmers! Those are my kind of ratios. CIF Prelims will be contested on Wednesday and Finals are on Friday. After that there is only one more meet (Master's) that I could go to before I can begin to help students after school again and go back to normal schedules.
Thanks to all who hit me up on the Twitter for my birthday -- (inside joke between me and my block 3 class) -- I am sorry that most, if not all of you called while I was in class, but I tried to call everyone back to thank you for thinking of me on my special day.
Your support of Ashley, Graham and I has been great, and I really appreciate it.
Travis
Saturday, May 9, 2009
78 of my 94 done!
Posted by
Travis and Ashley
at
12:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment