Tuesday, September 16, 2008

First Baths and Root Canals

Well, we were hit with the curse of the broken camera so I haven't been able to take any pictures and all the adorable pictures I had taken since he was born were gone! It turns out that something happened to my memory card and so I found another one (it can only hold like 25 pictures) and here are some fun pictures from the last week.
Unfortunately, since we didn't have a camera, I didn't get any pictures from when he had his actual first bath, but lets pretend that this is it! :)
Here is he, all snug in his towel, before we put him through the torture of bath time.
Sometimes he actually enjoys his bath but others (like above) he has a hard time.
He actually loves it when we pour water over his face (we're hoping this means he is the future Micheal Phelps).
All clean and comfy in Daddy's arms!
Yes, he is sucking his thumb. This was the first time he had done this. I'm thinking he will be quite the thumb sucker.
Here are some more cute pictures that I had taken at my parents house on Sunday:
Quite content in Grandma's arms.
Here he is with Great Grandma.
She was happy to finally see his eyes open. :)
Happy with his Grandpa
With his mom.

As for me, things have been kind of crazy these last couple of days. Last June I had a cavity filled and have been experiencing extreme tooth pain ever since then. It was really difficult to have the procedure done while 7 months pregnant so I told myself to just wait it out and just hoped the pain would go away. Well, the pain came to a climax last week and rediated through my whole right side of my mouth and my jar. It was awful! It was keeping me up at night (besides getting up to feed Graham) and it was so bad it was bringing me to tears. So, I finally was able to get an appointment yesterday with the dentist and sure enough, I needed a root canal. The first part of the process is to clean out the roots and put medicine down there to kill all the bacteria that had infected my tooth. I am also on penicillin. Today, my mouth is relatively free of pain which is such a relief after putting up with pain for the past three months. However, I have been getting a fever on and off since last night, it was really bad last night. I started getting one right in the middle of feeding Graham, which he luckily didn't seem to mind. I put him to bed and proceeded to "freeze" to death. I had to wake Travis up to help me out and he had to stay home from work today because I am completely helpless when I have a fever. I am feeling a little bit better now, but my goodness, it was horrible!! My root canal will be completed next week and I am hoping that tonight will go a lot better. So, Graham is doing wonderfully but I definitely can't say the same thing about his mom!


1 comment:

Barbara said...

Such a little cutie pie!!
I can't wait to see him in 10 days...but who's counting...hehehee
I can't believe you had to go through all that with your tooth:(
Tooth pain is awful when you are in a normal state...But just having had a baby and recovering from that....Come on...
All I can say is you are a real trooper!!!!!
Love, Me