The absolute last job (let's hope) for Travis as Head Swim Coach for this year was to put on the Swim Banquet. It was held on May 29th and it was incredibly successful. We had an amazing dinner by our favorite Italian resturant, Roma di Italia, followed by presentations by all the coaches about their teams. Travis, of course, did an amazing job and everyone agreed that it was the best swim banquet they had in years. It was held at the school's cafeteria which is actually this huge center which I am assuming holds tables during the day for the kids to eat. It wasn't as emotional as my cheer banquets back in the day luckily (those lasted for several hours) but I think the kids were all proud to be recognized for their accomplishments. I am very proud of Travis, his boys varsity team ended up 6th in the county with an 8-2 record and his girls team ended up 10th in the county with a 7-3 record. Next year should be even better for the girls. I can't wait to see what happens!
Here are some pictures from that night:
Here is Travis doing his duty and congratulating all the swimmers one by one for doing such a great job this year.
Here is most of his boys varsity team. I know, they looked thrilled to be there. :)
Here is Travis talking to the crowd. I know you can't see him very well, but I wanted to capture how involved this banquet was. One of the moms did this amazing dvd of the season and they showed that at the end.
This was one of the pictures on the dvd that I had the mom send to me because I thought it was such a great picture of the two of us. This was taken at one of the swim meets. Well, Travis, I am so proud of how hard you worked this year coaching. It had its ups and downs but I think you handled everything like a champ and I can't wait to see how things turn out next year!
Also, one of the surprises from the banquet was that the team pitched in and got us a $450 gift card to Babies R Us (I was so surprised and excited!) and one of the swimmers made us a little T-shirt that says "Coach Harmor Rocks!" on the back for Graham. It was so adorable!
Also, one of the surprises from the banquet was that the team pitched in and got us a $450 gift card to Babies R Us (I was so surprised and excited!) and one of the swimmers made us a little T-shirt that says "Coach Harmor Rocks!" on the back for Graham. It was so adorable!


1 comment:
I am proud of you too, son:) The experience you are learning will follow you in whatever else you do. I love you.
Love,Your mother!
Post a Comment