In honor of Father's Day, I wanted to take a moment and honor my incredibly wonderful husband who is going to be father very shortly. When Travis and I started dating and things started getting serious, I took some time to reflect on what our future would be like and one thing that I knew was guaranteed was that he would be an amazing father. Now that the time is near, I am even more sure that our little boy is going to grow up with the love of a wonderful father. Here are some reasons why I think Travis is already a terrific dad:
1. Every night before we go to sleep, he leans over and puts his hand on my belly and tells Graham that he loves him. This is my favorite nightly ritual and I know that it is going to carry over to when he his born.
2. Travis' relationship with his father is very important to him and I know that he will make sure that his relationship with all of his children are just as close and important to him.

3. I remember when we started talking about getting pregnant, Travis had his reservations and I didn't want to push it. But one day, he came to me and said, "I think I am ready to be a father." From the very beginning, he knew that that was what was important. It wasn't about getting pregnant, it was about starting a family.
4. Travis works so hard to provide for our family. He is honestly doing everything that he can to make sure that Graham is provided for and that to me, shows how important it is to him to be a father.
5. Travis has done an amazing job in taking care of me while I have been pregnant. I have never felt more loved and more cared for. This to me just shows how important becoming a father is to him and how excited he is to have a baby. This means the world to me.

I am grateful that we celebrate Father's Day because I think it is important to reflect on those men in our lives who care for you and your family. Travis is going to be an amazing father and I can't wait to find out what our future holds together.
Happy Father's Day my love!



4 comments:
You are so sweet.
What a thoughtful post to your wonderful husband;)
I believe you are right about all the things you said about why he will be a great daddy...but you forgot the most important reason why...#6. You will be by his side helping and encouraging him all the way as you have done since the beginning of your life together! Thank-you Ashley for loving this "father to be".
Fondly, B.
I think you are 110% right. He will be an incredible Father!! Happy Fathers Day TO BE Travis. (did you get our message this morning on your phone?
Love you both-
Oh, so sweet! I totally think Travis will be an awesome Dad. There's so much sadness and depression in the world and Travis is totally the opposite with his hilarious sense of humor and huge smile. I'm so excited for you guys! Happy Father's Day!
I Love Lamp! I too know that Travis will be an amazing father because he genuinely cares for all those around him. Travis has always been there for me. As I told him before, he saved me in Argentina. Travis and I arrived in Argentina at the same time. Ufortunately, I was put with a horribly difficult companion and I found the transition to a new culture very overwhelming. I came very close to giving up. But then, for some reason (I believe it was Heavenly Father's intervention) Travis decided to introduce himself at our first zone conference. Desparate for a friendly ear, I told him of my struggles. From that point on, Travis made it a point to call me during the week. In addition, he always made sure that he and his companion would come spend P-Day with us. This was no small task because Travis's area at that time was on the other side of a very large city. The funny thing was, even though Travis was a new missionary, he became so well-liked by all the other missionaries in his zone, that every P-Day his entire zone would come to hang out with us. Because of Travis, I went from the depths of despair, to having many new friends. I never spent another P-Day alone with my difficult companion. This changed my life. I realized that the mission could be fun and I made it a point pay it forward. A year later, I met a new missionary named Elder Hadley who had a similar companion as I did when I first arrived. I took the opportunity to do what Travis had done for me. Later, Elder Hadley told me that I saved him. Essentially, Travis saved us both. I will forever be grateful to Travis. He will make an excellent father. But he is also blessed to be married to an amazing daughter of God who will be nothing less than a perfect mother.
Post a Comment