Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Europe Trip - France (Day 4)

continued on from Day 3....



So, our hotel in France was in the city Cannes and was right on the beach, which was very nice. Cannes seemed like a pretty interesting city but our tour led us over to another city called Nice, which aparently is better. :) We had this amazing bus tour that took us around the entire city with this really nice lady as our tour guide. The rest of the day we just had free time where, of course, the kids created all sorts of mayhem but Travis and I had lots of fun. Here are some pictures:

Right smack dab in the middle of this French city is this beautiful Russian Cathedral. Totally random and out of place, but it was incredible looking.

Travis in front of one of many churches that we saw on this trip. This one was very cool because it had so much art on the walls and ceiling. And it was also right in the middle of some Roman ruins and a bunch of olive trees.

Right behind the same church from above was an old monastery. They had some beautiful gardens and it was set right on the top of a very large hill. The view was so pretty and I wish that this picture did it justice!

Here is an awesome view of the Nice coastline. At this point we were very close to where Elton John has a house, this is his view!

Travis and I never missed out on a great photo op!
This is our tour guide that led us around Nice. I think her name was Jacqueline.
Apparently, this place had the best gelato in all of Nice. Here Travis is enjoying some with the other two chaperones in our group, Silvano and Yolanda Villa. They were really nice and we would tour around with them whenever we could.

On our free time we visited the Museum of Contempory Art. We were so exhausted by the time we got there that all we wanted to do was sit and relax. So, we enjoyed the art but we really enjoyed this moment right here, just resting our feet.

Our tour guide told us this was the dark spot in all of Nice because of how ugly this building is behind Travis. They call it the "Blockhead" which is exactly what it is. This holds all of the offices for their city library. Definitely one of the strangest things I have ever seen.

Here I am on the beach in Nice. As you can see there is absolutely no sand, just large rocks!! It was a very windy day and so it was dangerous to get in the water but I really wanted to feel the water so I tried to get close with my bare feet. It took me five minutes just to walk over to the water, it hurt so bad to walk on the rocks!! I don't know how anyone enjoys to go to the beach in Nice!

So, that was pretty much our day. We were exhausted when we got home and we were definitely looking forward to spending all the next day driving in the bus. We had to travel from Cannes to Barcelona which was about 8 hours. Our feet needed some rest!

stay tuned for more......

3 comments:

Liz said...

Though the rocks look rough, the water at that beach looks nice and green! So people really have offices inside that block head thingy? It's not a statue, but a building? That is crazy if that's what it is. It doesn't look like there's any windows. Blah, that would kill me. :) I love the pictures and descriptions. I feel like I've gone to Europe with you guys! :) Thanks for sharing.

ty|er. said...

Great job of keeping us all informed on what is looking like one magical trip to eurpe! Thanks you two!

Barbara said...

More more...great job so far.
Was so glad to hear that you and Tyler were able to connect on his trip to Cali...It warms a mother's heart!!Love, Me