We finally made it to our final destination, Barcelona! This city was so huge that it didn't feel like we had anytime at all here. We took a bus tour around the city on the first day and we picked out a couple of the things that we really wanted to see. We were exhausted by this time so we wanted to take it easy. Here are some pictures of our last days on our trip:
This was our first stop, Parque Guell which is this amazing park designed by Antoni Gaudi. He is the featured artist of Barcelona and almost everywhere you go, you see things that he has done. This is one of the sections of the park, very interesting!
I took a picture of this because for all of you fans of America's Next Top Model, this is where Melrose and Caridee had their final showdown runway show!
This was as close as we got to the beach in Barcelona. Our one regret from the trip is not making it into the water in spain. We just couldn't fit it in. :(
This is a really cool street that has a ton of shopping and it is so pretty with all of the trees that line the roads. It reminded me a lot of the Champs Elysees in Paris except the stores weren't as nice. It is called Las Ramblas. 
Now this is one of the most interesting churches that you will ever see! It is called La Sagrada Familia and it has been in construction for over 150 years! It was also designed by Antoni Gaudi who didn't even get to live to see it finish. It should be done in like 2040 or something. We absolutely loved this so we took lots of pictures!

Here we are at the entrance. As you can see, they are still working on it.

We went back the next day after we stopped briefly on our city tour and we got to go inside. It was massive!

Scaffolding was everywhere, I kept wondering if I needed to wear a hard hat. Not really a sacred church like feel but it is definitely awe-inspiring when you think about all the work that has gone into building this. It is only privately funded and in order to finish they need to tear some buildings down next door!

Here we are at the top. It was so high up and Travis was totally freaking out. There was absolutely nothing there to prevent us from falling! Travis kept saying, "They added these bars as an afterthought!"
As we were walking down, they had all these enclaves that you could walk out on and they didn't feel secure at all. I wanted a picture and even though I am smiling, I am secretly freaking out!
In order to get down, we had to walk down this spiraling staircase. It only had a handrail on the one side. Again, can't you just hear Travis saying, "They added these bars as an afterthought!" Silly!

We had some time to kill before we had to meet the kids so we got off the metro and started walking. We found this other amazing street called Passeig de Gracias which reminded me of 5th ave in New York. This was where all the posh stores were. On this street, we found this really cool apartment building which was designed by...you guessed it, Antoni Gaudi!
This is our final picture! Our trip was over! Overall, we had so much fun with every minute we were alone and we are also so glad that we have at least 16 years until our kids are teenagers. Everyone arrived home safely and thats all the matters. :)Thanks everyone for dealing with hearing about our trip. I had fun reliving all the good times, so it was as much for me as it was for you. Now travis and I will go back to our boring lives and we will try to keep you updated on that!
Until next year..... yeah right!


3 comments:
Job well done! Looks like a trip you won't soon forget. Thanks for sharing.... Now I want to see the 4th of July Disney pictures...that sounded like a gooooooood time.
Love,me
Ashley and Travis, you guys are so cute. Thanks for posting all of those pictures. Travis, it really does look like they added those bars as an after thought. I'm so glad you guys are safe and sound and back in the states. We hope to see you guys soon. Love you guys.
Again, awesome pictures! That Antoni Gaudi must have been one interesting character. His "creations" and architectural style are very unique. Almost dark and gothic. Pretty cool, though. Travis, are you afraid of heights...or just unsound structures? You'd think if they'd been working on it that long, it'd be pretty solid by now. :) I'm sorry you guys didn't get into the water in Spain, but I'm sure you'll get back there some day. Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Now I can't wait to hear about your boring lives. :)
Post a Comment