Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend in San Diego

After leaving Graham and Travis behind in California while I moved up to Utah to start working in early May, I was able to come to California to visit for Memorial Weekend. I found out in the airport that my parents and Travis had decided that we were going to spend the weekend in San Diego. I was so excited! I knew that it was going to be a perfect way to spend some time with my family after having been gone from them for the last few weeks. We had such a great time!
We decided to take the train to San Diego which Graham loved! If you haven't ever done this, I strongly recommend it. The views of the ocean are amazing! Here is Travis and Graham waiting for the train to come.

My mom and dad sitting on the train. Thanks for the idea for such a fun trip!

Our little family sitting on the train.

My dad brought his IPad which Graham enjoyed looking at.

Family picture in front of the train when we arrived in San Diego.

For dinner we went down to Old Town San Diego and had some yummy mexican food. Graham was just happy to run around!

Squishing his face up again the glass!

Travis and I out in front of our hotel, the Westgate Plaza, it was a wonderful hotel!

Graham running around!

We couldn't not go to San Diego and enjoy Sea World! Graham loved the Shamu Beetle.

Graham checking out the polar bear exhibit.

Graham wanted to take polar bear home with him.

Travis and Graham checking out the Shark exhibit.

Family shot with some Sea World characters.

Everyone getting ready to watch the new dolphin show. We didn't realize it, but it had just started the day before. It was amazing!

Family shot with the new show in the background.

Graham and Travis trying to close enough to the dolphins to touch one. We missed out this time, but maybe next time!

However, Graham was able to get up close and personal with the manta rays!

I'm not sure if he just wanted to splash in the water or if he wanted to touch the rays, but he sure loved having his hand in the water!

Trying to reach out and touch one!

Happy Boy!

Catching one last show, the Shamu show! We had such a great time! It was a perfect weekend! I was so happy to spend time with everyone before I had to go back to Utah, but the next time I saw them in person, it was time to move in to our new house!

No comments: