Tuesday, February 5, 2008

We were tagged...a long time ago :)

A long, long, long time ago, my sister Emily tagged me and I never got around to doing it. But since nothing too exciting is going on, I thought I would finally do it. However, I am changing the rules a bit and I am going to do it about my husband because I think he is so much more interesting than me. So here it goes:



RULES:

1. List the link to your tagger and also post these following rules.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird, etc.

3. Tag 7 people at the the end of your blog also leaving the links to their blogs



Seven Random Facts about Travis:



1. My husband is so incredibly hardworking. He is in his second year teaching Spanish at one of the local high schools and he is a complete natural. Everybody loves him and he is so lucky to have such a great job. Last year he was one of the assistant coaches for swimming and this year, they made him a head coach! So, next week he starts practice for the season and he will be busy every day until May, but he is so excited for this amazing opportunity. But wait, there is more. He is also in his second semester of graduate school at Loyola Marymount University where is he getting a Masters in Education with a teaching credential and a bilingual certificate. Every Monday night he drives to LA for class. I am so proud of everything he has accomplished this year.



2. Travis is obsessed with skiing! He has this website that he visits called Newschoolers where a bunch of crazy ski bums just sit around and talk about skiing. It used to be his homepage until I started joking that Newschoolers was more important than me. Even though I was kidding, he changed it. Anyways, his dream is to leave in a small ski town where he can go skiing whenever he wants. As long as it doesn't snow too much, I'm game.



3. He has this amazing ability of gaining respect from everyone around him by not really doing anything at all. I think that is why he is such an amazing teacher. All those teenagers respect him so he can control the room with out even trying. This is also helpful with our primary class that we teach together. The other Sunday we were waiting in the hallway for Sr. Primary to start and we were with all of the other classes. The kids were being so rowdy and loud. Travis just told everyone to be quiet and the kids all shut their mouths. It was amazing. If I would have tried that, the kids would have looked at me like I was crazy and continued to be crazy. I was very impressed.



4. Travis loves to do the laundry which is so nice because I think it is such a pain. However, he washes the clothes and then leaves me to fold, which I still don't really like to do but someone has to do it. I think he would probably wash his clothes the second after he is finished wearing it, if I let him.



5. Every morning we eat breakfast together and watch Sportscenter. This is just totally random because I don't think Travis cares about who wins or what teams are playing who but we have to watch it every morning. Sometimes I try to put it on another channel but it always finds its way back to Sportscenter. This works out well for me because then I can talk to all the guys at my work about the sports headlines, but I just think its funny that this is a tradition that we have started each morning.



6. My husband is a polar bear. I remember when we lived in Utah, we slept with the windows open in the dead of winter. It was so hard to get up in the morning because I had to leave my warm bed. Now in California, we don't have extreme cold so Travis compensates by having a fan in our room. We have these french doors in our bedroom and at night, before we go to bed, he opens the doors and places the fan in the open space, puts it on full blast and pulls our sheets all the way down so the room and the bed is as cold as it could possibly be when we go to bed. It takes me forever to warm up but at least I can snuggle up to a polar bear.



7. Lastly, around August 31, 2008, Travis is going to be a first time dad. :) He is very excited and insists that we are having a girl. I try and compensate and call the baby a boy, but he insists. Either way, boy or girl, Travis is going to be an amazing dad and I am so lucky to have him as my husband. He has been beaming ever since we found out and talks to the baby every night. He even bought a book for expectant fathers, so adorable. If only, August wasn't so far away. We'll keep you updated. Here is a copy of our first ultrasound:

Well, I am not going to tag anyone, but feel free to share seven random facts with everyone.

9 comments:

Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

I am so excited for you. Being a mom is the best thing ever. I never thought I could love someone as much as I love her. I promise it is all worth it. No matter how hard the next 9 months are when you hold her or him in your arms you will forget everything. Congrates again.

Liz said...

WOOO HOOO!!! I have been wondering about you, my friend. For some reason, I've been thinking that you were going to bust out a pregnancy announcement at any moment. Funny thing, I actually saw it first on Barbara and Morris's blog. :) I am so excited for you and I can't wait to meet the little Harmor. You are going to love being parents and you are going to be great ones! One request, can I take pictures of your babe for you when he/she comes?! :)

Erin said...

Ashley!!!! I am so excited for you guys! Have you been sick at all? Oh goodness, I will email you and you can fill me in on all the details! Yeah for you guys!!!

paigeandbryce said...

Ashley, you're pregnant?! Yea! I'm so excited for you guys!! How are you feeing?

Krischelle said...

YES!!!!!! i'm so happy for you!!! Being pregnant is the coolest thing ever! Having the baby is even cooler! ...not that i know since i'm not there yet... but i know it is cool!! I always remind Jacob about what Rachel (Ruth???) told Abraham... Give me children or I die. hAHA i know, i'm silly! Congratulations Travis and Ashley!

Emily (the queen) said...

Cute little baby! I tagged you on my blog... so you need to do another tag!

Freeman Family said...

Finally cousins for my kids!

Jill and Ryan said...

CONGRATS Ashley! How exciting. It sounds like all is well. I miss you. I wish we could see each other some time. Love ya. Jill

Alycia said...

You guys!!!!!!! I am so excited for you... You will be the best parents ever. It did not surprise me at all when you said that Travis talks to the baby and bought a fathering book. So cute. I just wanted you to know I am thrilled about the announcement! Love ya,
Alycia